BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 11, 2010

To Lobotomize, or Not To Lobotomize?

That is the question.

Tomorrow is the start of what arguably is the most difficult phase that I will encounter in my earthly existence so far.

Tomorrow is the official start of the LOOOOOOOOONG journey that I need to partake in order for me to earn the right of adding two particular letters after my name.

You know? The M followed by a D. The ones that will give me the authority to do what I love.

But lately, after much personal reflection, and upon much taunting of my friends, I realized that a lot of my old ways are not exactly what you can call doctor-ly. If you have encountered my unique brand of kasabogan, you'll get my drift.

Don't get me wrong, I do want to change. The problem is, the moment I try to channel a serious aura, two unfortunate things happen. Either the person I am talking to laughs out loud, or I, sensing the absurdity and pretentiousness of the whole set-up, do the laughing.

You see, being serious has never been my forte in life. Maybe it's my mechanism to defend myself against Life's general asshole-ic bitchiness, but whenever stuff gets downbeat I always, though sometimes, it gets a tad inappropriate, concoct a (sarcastic) joke to ease the tension that I feel. Thus, whenever I do the whole serious shenanigan, something off usually happens.

So....

There's that.

Well, I can always come up with a middle ground, can't I?

0 comments: